That's because I totally didn't go anywhere.
Not even Interchange or even the shops under my block.
It had just been work & home.
Pergi & balik, Ayah hantar & ambik.
Sahur & Buka kat rumah. Just simple dishes by Mak.
Terawih pun kat rumah.
*sigh*
:-(
Ngaji & TV then lights off.
Even during my long weekend, I stayed at home for that solid 3 days. (Sun - Tues)
But I started my normal *project* during Rayas.
3 so far, tuh pun lum complete.
On Mon 10 Oct 2005, M. Ridhwan Amalee turned 11

Happy Birthday, Dik!
And I didn't even called up!
*smacks forehead*
On Tuesday - just sms Nish, wishing her who joined the "1/4 to 100" club.
And yesterday when I came back to work, I was shocked with the sensational news about my boss who was insensitive towards the disabled people & he had the cheek to write in a column in TODAY. It was published in TODAY Monday 10 Oct 2005.
KF even cut out the article & kept in the drawer in MeRC.
Musuh ketat!
I got the forwarded email. The article was scanned together with other 4 readers, who all wrote against him.
The article he wrote that caused the tongue to wag even till now. And he's on leave today & tomorrow.
Mcm tau2 ajer kan..
The article.
**********************************************
Disabled too demanding
Cannot expect same services as able-bodied
Letter from GARY SEET ANN HUP
I REFER to the news comment, "Hold the bus, is someone being left behind?" (Oct 7). While I agree with integrating the disabled into the community, I don’t agree with altering public buses to suit their needs.
The SMRT and Land Transport Authority (LTA) have already retrofitted our trains and
train stations to make them accessible to people who use wheelchairs. The question is how to get these people to the stations from where they are, be it from their homes, workplaces or anywhere else.
The solution cannot be to retrofit public buses to accommodate them.
So as not to be labelled insensitive, let me explain. The LTA has introduced bus lanes and the public bus operators have set their schedules to make travelling by bus as smooth as possible and to move the masses as quickly as possible.
Like it or not, any delay has a cost in terms of longer travel times. Wheelchair users would need more time to board and alight from buses and this would hold up other passengers.
Being patient and understanding is one thing. Being late for work because of it is another. Wheelchair-users should be “connected” to a pick-up service.
Ideally, it should be a taxi service which takes them to the nearest MRT station and/or from the MRT station to their final destination.
Of course, this would cost them more than an able-bodied person pays to take the bus. If this system could be integrated into the taxi booking system it could be better administered and, perhaps, lower the cost.
Alternatives include setting up a pool of volunteers who could offer their services when needed.
I’m not advocating a taxi service as fares might be quite hefty.
One has to take into account that, realistically, wheelchairusers cannot expect to be as mobile as able-bodied people.
To think otherwise would be akin to a poor person wanting to have whatever a rich person has.
What a society can do is try to remove as many obstacles as possible.
****************************************
Some kind of Boss I have.
Cet!
And yesterday, I insist I want to take leave on 20 Oct.
Ada ketegangan ah sikit kerana leave punya pasal.
Another thing is, I have no more leave but I do not want to work on 29 Nov but he insist that I still got 1 more day.
After I investigate with my HR personnel, it's confirm I do not have that extra leave.
Dah laa tua, degil pulak tuh.
*hmph*
Once I'm back from my long leave, I shall explain N insist that he put me on OFF.
Skrg nak bertekak, tak kuasa..puasa2 nie.
Btw, I'm working 2-11 p.m tomorrow.
Tak dpt tukar so it's gonna be me buka puasa sorang kat kerja.
The last time I buka kat kerja sorang was on 26 Nov 2002.
As for this yr, will be buka kat kerja tomorrow, 19 Oct and 21 Oct.
O.k laa eh 3 hari jer.
*sob sob*
Sad feeling ar.
Lala kerja apa besok eh?
Btw, Along on leave today & tomorrow.
Long weekend.
Only that I take early of the week while she take towards the end of the week.
No comments:
Post a Comment